Thursday, December 11, 2014

I will look to the Lord

But as for me, I will look to the Lord and confident in Him I will keep watch; I will wait with hope and expectancy for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. Micah 7:7 AMP

This is one of the scriptures that I hold very close to my heart. So often in my life things have gone on that I have had no control over. Not just minor things, but life-changing circumstances that no-one would every ask for. Situations in which I have had no choice but to seek God and wait on God. I have had to learn how to humble myself and look only to Him. 

Yet for us there is [only] one God, the Father, Who is the Source of all things and for Whom we [have life], and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through and by Whom are all things and through and by Whom we [ourselves exist]. 1 Corinthians 8:6 AMP

I clearly remember one morning before a critical meeting, having no idea what to say or do, being in the shower, tears streaming down my face, crying out to God, 'Why don't they see what I see? What do I say to make them see the truth?' The outcome of this meeting would determine the well-being of our family. Of course the situation I faced was nothing compared to what Moses faced, but the message I got from God was the same, 

Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and will teach you what you shall say. Exodus 4:12 AMP

And that is exactly what God in His grace did for me. In that shower, through the tears, he gave me a sentence to say, the exact words to speak, at the meeting that morning. At the meeting, when I was asked the question, I said the words God had given me. Immediately the direction of the meeting turned to the direct opposite way to which it was heading. God had prevailed! It was not me, not my strength, not my wisdom, not my power. It was God's Spirit that had given me the words to bring truth. 

So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty. Zechariah 4:6 AMP

Yes there are still circumstances in my life that I am waiting with hope and expectancy for God to prevail in. But I am choosing to look to the Lord and be confident in Him.

Question for today, are you feeling weary from waiting for a circumstance in your life to change? Why not, stand tall, and daily declare, 'But as for me, I will look to the Lord and confident in Him I will keep watch; I will wait with hope and expectancy for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.'  Ask God to help you to learn to trust Him more, to trust that He is listening and He will answer in His time and in accordance with His plan and purposes.

No comments: