Tuesday, April 21, 2015

My feet have not slipped

My steps have held closely to Your paths [to the tracks of the One Who has gone on before]; my feet have not slipped. Psalm 17:5 AMP

Outside there is a storm. The wind is raging. The rain is pouring down. The path is slippery. Has you been in a storm like this, physically, emotionally, spiritually? It is a tough place to be. What were your feet doing during the storm? 

This is what David said about his feet after one of the storms he faced.

David spoke to the Lord the words of this song on the day when the Lord delivered him from the hands of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. 2 Samuel 22:1 AMP

He makes my feet like the hinds [able to stand firmly or make progress on the dangerous heights of testing and trouble]; He sets me secure and confident upon the heights.    2 Samuel 22:34 AMP

You have enlarged my steps under me, so that my feet have not slipped. 2 Samuel 22:37 AMP

Of course, the 'He' and 'You' is God. David knew the victory that comes from staying on God's path. He knew that God alone was his deliverer.

In God, Whose word I praise, in the Lord, Whose word I praise, In God have I put my trust and confident reliance; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? For your vows are upon me, O God; I will render praise to You and give You thank offerings. For you have delivered my life from death, yes and my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life and of the living. Psalm 56: 10-13 AMP

Sometimes in the storm it can be very easy to lose sight of our ultimate destination, the real victory we have as Christians. Then gradually as we move through the storm, the storm can help remind us of the victory we have in Jesus and our eternal destiny, the promise of walking with God and one day seeing Him face to face. They take us to a deeper understanding of God and His sacrifice and love for us.

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will exult in the [victorious] God of my salvation! The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or responsibility]. Habakkuk 3:18-19 AMP

Question for today, are you anywhere in, near or around a storm of some sort? If so, have a look at where your feet are. Are they slipping from the path or are you allowing God to enlarge the steps under you so they don't slip? If you feel your feet are slipping, ask God to help you stay on His path and wait patiently and expectantly for Him, just as David did.

I waited patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up out of horrible pit [a pit of tumult and of destruction], out of the miry clay (froth and slime), and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings. And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many shall see and fear (revere and worship) and put their trust and confident reliance in the Lord. Psalm 40:1-3 AMP

No comments: