Thursday, August 11, 2016

What is your fight song?

At the Colour conference this year I heard Fight Song by Rachel Platten for the first time (I am a bit slow when it comes popular secular music).  Anyway, this morning I was thinking about that song, and what would be my fight song?

All I could come up with was a list of scriptures. These scriptures are my weapons I use in battle and I have found they are the best kind of weapons. 

My prayer is that for anyone who is in the middle of a battle now, you will pick up these weapons, the word of the Almighty God and wield them with the power and authority that has been given to you through Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:37-39 AMP
Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us. For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Hebrews 10:39 NIV
But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.

Romans 8:31 AMP
What then shall we say to [all] this? If God is for us, who [can be] against us? [Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?] 

Joshua 1:9 AMP
Have I not commanded you? Be strong, vigorous and very courageous. Be not afraid, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Luke 1:37 AMP
For with God nothing is ever impossible and no word from God shall be without power or impossible of fulfillment.

Philippians 4:13 AMP
I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].

Question for today, what scriptures make up your fight song? Are they written on your heart for when the day of battle comes?

My son, keep my words and store up my commands within you. Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye. Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart. Proverbs 7:1-3 NIV

 
 





 

No comments: