Saturday, September 3, 2016

Life to the full


 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). John 10:10 AMP


Just over a year ago we were told that the tumour in Victoria's brain was growing again and that she was looking at another 15 months of weekly chemotherapy, which would at the best, hopefully stabilize it. 

Three days later God graciously positioned us at a Camp Quality camp in Sydney, held at a Christian conference centre. On all the walls were posters saying, 'I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.' 

And there lay the challenge - Did I really believe this? Did I really believe that Jesus had come so our daughter could have life and have it to the full?

A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of. John 10:10 The Message

What a journey I went on, learning to trust God at a whole new level. Learning to really believe that Jesus did come so Victoria could have life and have it to the full. I am not ashamed to say that at first my heart was far from believing this truth. So I spoke it out with my mouth, declaring it in my car as I drove around, until eventually my heart started to receive this truth. I got to the place that I could declare John 10:10 with complete confidence in God.

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10 NKJV

In September last year, after the results of Victoria's next scan, the oncologist wrote these words on the request for the next scan - July - growth; Sept - stable. Life, thank you Jesus. No chemotherapy required. This year, in May, as many of you know, the scan results were - tumour is smaller than September. No medical intervention. Life, thank you Jesus.

The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. John 10:10 NLT

Question for today, in your life is there something that the thief is trying to steal and kill and destroy? If yes, then let's use God's Word as the weapon it is - to bring His truth into the circumstance and submit everything to the authority of the Name of Jesus.

All glory to him who alone is God, our Saviour through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen. Jude 1:25 NLT

 


 

No comments: