Saturday, September 17, 2016

Seasons

To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven: Ecclesiastes 3:1 AMP

We are on holiday and with six hours of driving yesterday, plenty of time to reflect on the seasons of our lives. As I read through Ecclesiastes 3 there are plenty of times I can relate to.

A time to break down and a time to build up

A time to heal

A time to get and a time to lose

A time to rend and a time to sew

But in all those times there is one thing I have learnt to be true - God is always with us. He does not leave us nor forsake us, not matter what is happening in our lives.

No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will not fail nor forsake you. Joshua 1:5 AMP

While I am grateful, very grateful, that our family's season appears to have changed, I know that God has done a good work in the season of breaking, pain, loss and ultimately yielding to Him. I can actually now say, as difficult and challenging as it has been, we have been blessed to have had that season of having no choice but to completely rely on God for our family's health, well-being and provision. I pray that as the season changes, we do not return to being self-sufficient and worldly independent, but rather continue on this path of living completely dependent on our Heavenly Father.

Question for today, what season are you in now? What is God talking to you about in this season? What is He wanting you to learn and grow in? I believe it is worth taking the time to ask Him these questions, so we don't miss the opportunity to grow in our relationship with Him.

The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cups runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Psalm 23 NKJV



No comments: