Saturday, September 24, 2016

Pure grace

Pure grace and nothing but grace be with all who love our Master, Jesus Christ. Ephesians 6:24 The Message

There is a song by Matt Redman that I love, Your grace finds me. Throughout the song he sings about different aspects of our lives that are filled with God's great grace. There are two lines that always stand out to me,

There in the darkest night of the soul
There in the sweetest songs of victory
Your grace finds me

How true is that? God's grace is there in every moment of our lives. Sometimes we don't see it immediately as we are overwhelmed by circumstances. But as we lift our eyes to Jesus, we can see His grace all around us.

It doesn't matter who we are or what we have done, as Paul tells us,

I'm so grateful to Christ Jesus for making me adequate to do this work. He went out on a limb, you know, in trusting me with this ministry. The only credentials I brought to it were invective and witch hunts and arrogance. But I was treated mercifully because I didn't know what I was doing - didn't know Who I was doing it against! Grace mixed with faith and love poured over me and into me. All because of Jesus. 1 Timothy 1:12-14 The Message

Questions for today, can you see God's grace operating in your life? Can you see God's grace operating through you? If not, ask Jesus to help you see His grace in every moment of your life. And watch how your heart becomes overwhelmed with the greater revelation of Jesus love for you.

So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making a new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. 2 Corinthians 4:16 The Message
 

No comments: