Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Where are you searching for answers?

This morning I was listening to Chris Tomlin's song, Good Good Father 

These three lines started me thinking about where we look for answers to questions, both the big and small questions of life.  
 
I've seen many searching for answers far and wide
But I know we're all searching
For answers only you provide


Immediately this scripture came to mind ...

Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me. John 14:6 AMP

I remember my own search for the answer to the big questions, what is life all about? What is my purpose here on earth? I did go searching; attending seminars, asking questions of people, reading books, mainly in the New Age vein. I was purposefully looking for purpose. 

Eventually I found the answer I was looking for - Jesus. The Way, the Truth and the Life. Since that day when I was walking to work and made the decision to yield and make Jesus my Lord and Saviour, He has been revealing more and more of my purpose on this earth. 

Each day as I seek God for the next piece of that purpose puzzle, the answers I receive seem so right. And of course they are, because God had the plan for my life before I was born. He made me purposefully to fit that unique plan.

For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother's womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
Psalm 139:13-17 NKJV

God made you to purposefully fit the unique plan He had for you too. The plan He had for your life before you were born. He has all the answers before you ask the questions. He knows you, and He loves you.

You know me inside and out,
you know every bone in my body;
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
how I was sculptured from nothing into something.
Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day.
Your thoughts - how rare, how beautiful! 
God, I'll never comprehend them!
Psalm 139:15-17 The Message

Question for today, where are you searching for the answers to life's questions? Are you going to the One Who created you uniquely for a purpose? Or are you searching elsewhere? 

Today, let's choose to seek out Jesus, and ask Him our questions, and wait expectantly for His answers, because remember,

Jesus said, "I am the Road, also the Truth, also the Life. No one gets to the Father apart from me." John 14:6 The Message

 

No comments: