Thursday, January 5, 2017

Let your trust rest in Christ's name

All whom My Father gives (entrusts) to Me will come to Me; and the one who comes to Me I will most certainly not cast out [I will never, no never, reject one of them who comes to Me].  John 6:37 AMP

Jesus won't reject you. John tells us that Jesus came so that we might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him.

For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him. John 3:16 AMP

We all have a choice. Jesus communicates that to us very clearly.

"If anyone hears what I am saying and doesn't take it seriously, I don't reject him. I didn't come to reject the world; I came to save the world. But you need to know that whoever puts me off, refusing to take in what I'm saying, is willfully choosing rejection. The Word, the Word-made-flesh that I have spoken and that I am, the Word and no other is the last word." John 12:47-48 The Message

God wants us to choose Him - to choose His unconditional love for us. He created us. We are His children.

See what [an incredible] quality of love the Father has given (shown, bestowed on) us, that we should [be permitted to] be named and called and counted the children of God! And so we are! The reason the world does not know (recognise, acknowledge) us is that it does not know (recognise, acknowledge) Him.  1 John 3:1 AMP

Question for today, are you living as a child of God, with the confidence that you are loved, not rejected? If not, ask God to give you a tangible touch of His love today. Expect it and receive it.

This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about - not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:9-10 The Message  

No comments: