Saturday, October 28, 2017

Do you know how much you are loved?

Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities and powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, not any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:37-39 NKJV

What truth! - We are more than conquerors through Jesus Christ, WHO LOVED US.  Another version says,

No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. Romans 8:37 NLT

Another truth - NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING can separate us from God's love for us through Jesus! Another version says...

None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I'm absolutely convinced that nothing - nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable - absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us. Romans 8:37-39 The Message

How differently would we live our lives if we had this full revelation of God's love for us? 

Every time I sing that line in Amazing Grace, 'saved a wretch like me' I get a little bit more of revelation of how great His love is for me. I think back to where I was heading before I was saved. Outwardly it might have looked like my life was going great, aged 24, owning an apartment in Sydney, 20 minutes walk from the CBD; a career that was moving upwards; completing my Masters Degree. But inwardly a different story - lonely, desperately looking for a purpose, trying to fill that void with material things and career achievement, neither of which were actually filling the void. And why not? Because that void could only be filled by God's love.

His steadfast and faithful love.

Give thanks to the God of heaven, His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 136:26 NLT

In those times of doubting God's love for me, here are some worship songs that help me to come back to that place of knowing that I am loved by a loving and trustworthy God.

Good Good Father - Chris Tomlin
How He Loves - David Crowder Band
You are for me - Kari Jobe 
Pieces - Amanda Cook
Amazing Grace - John Newton

Question for today, do you know how much you are loved by your Heavenly Father? If you need some fresh revelation of His love for you, why not meditate on some of the scriptures I've shared today, or ask the Holy Spirit to lead you to others. Then take some time out to worship Him, and in that time open your heart to receive more revelation of His love for you.

We love Him because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19 NKJV


No comments: