Wednesday, January 17, 2018

God made my life complete

GOD made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him. When I got my act together, he gave me a fresh start. I'm alert to GOD's ways; I don't take God for granted. Every day I review the way he works; I try not to miss a trick. I feel put back together and I'm watching my step. GOD rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes. Psalm 18:20-24 The Message 

God made my life complete ... what overwhelming gratitude I feel as I read those words. He made my life complete - that is exactly how I felt 22 years ago when I placed all the pieces of my life before him and I made the decision to invite Jesus into my heart and be my Lord and Saviour. And that is exactly how I feel today, 22 years later, despite the trials and tribulations that have come my way. 

At the time of that life changing decision all those years ago, it definitely felt like a fresh start. All that I had been striving for suddenly shifted to a lower priority in my life. This fresh start that He had given me meant that the top priority became learning about this Jesus that I had committed my life to, and starting to learn what that commitment meant in terms of how I lived my life.

I know it is a life long journey of continually learning something  about God's ways, we won't get the full picture until we get to heaven. I'm alert to GOD's ways; I don't take God for granted. I am learning not to assume anything, but rather to live from a place totally in awe of God, the Almighty creator of the heaven and earth, who rescued me.

But me he caught - reached all the way from the sky to the sea; he pulled me out of that ocean of hate, that enemy of chaos, the void in which I was drowning. Psalm 18:16-17 The Message

The hunger for His word and to hear His voice grows every day, along with a greater desire to be doing only what He wants me to do.

Every day I review the way he works; I try not to miss a trick. Psalm 18:22 The Message
But despite that hunger and desire there is failing every day in some way as Wendy's plans creep in, or the flesh takes over and impatience and frustration show their ugly heads. 

That's the time to return to Jesus with a humble heart, asking forgiveness and receiving and accepting His love and grace despite my failings. And I feel put back together.

What an intimate relationship it is with this Jesus, the Saviour of the world. He is stable and constant - 

Jesus Christ (the Messiah) is [always] the same, yesterday, today [yes] and forever (to the ages). Hebrews 13:8 AMP

I am anything but stable and constant! But He knows that because He created me. All He wants me to do is keep opening my heart to him, so He can do the re-writing.

GOD rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes. Psalm 18:24 The Message

Thank you Jesus that you are the author and the finisher of our faith. 

Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2 NKJV

Thank you Jesus that you are continually guiding and teaching us. Today help us to hear your voice and obey what you ask us to do. Amen.



No comments: