Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Pain



Pain. What do we do with it? We can let it fester and the result is not pretty. We do and say things that we regret, resulting in the need to say sorry and be forgiven. That was me last week!

Pain. We can let it isolate us. It's too hard to connect because it takes emotional energy, and all our energy is being consumed by our pain. So we don't bother trying. That was me six years ago!

Pain. We can acknowledge it. Be real and say yes I am in pain. I am not okay. I need help. God help me. That was me on Monday!
 
Pain. We can release it - the right way - to Jesus. For me, times of worship are always a beautiful time of releasing pain, whether at church, at my desk, in my kitchen or in my car. Find me at the feet of Jesus, by Christy Nockels, always takes me to that place of surrender and release. That was me this morning!

Pain. It can be used for good, Romans 8:28 tells us,

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to whose who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28 NKJV

In the dark times I found it very hard to believe this truth and often wrestled with it. However eventually, in faith it brought hope to my soul, along with Ephesians 3:20-21

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21 NKJV

Pain. Something God uses (but doesn't give) to draw people to Himself, both directly and indirectly through the testimony of others. If we process our pain well with Jesus, and other support, we will, because of a growing understanding of God's grace and mercy, draw closer to Him, and become those 'others' who testify to Romans 8:28.

Pain. Helps us to know that we know, that we know, God is for us. 

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31 NKJV

Another one of my favourite songs is You are for me, written by Kari Jobe. Again it helps take me to that place of knowing that I am loved and there is a God in heaven looking after me. Here are some of the lyrics


So faithful, so constant, so loving and so true
So powerful in all you do
You fill me, you see me
You know my every move
You love for me to sing to you
I know that you are for me, I know that you are for me
I know that you will never forsake me in my weakness
And I know that you have come now even if to write upon my heart
To remind me who you are

When we know that God is for us, we can continue on with hope while we are experiencing pain. We know in faith that we will see victory in Jesus Name.

Yet even in the midst of all these things, we triumph over them all, for God has made us to be more than conquerors, and his demonstrated love is our glorious victory over everything! 

So now I live with the confidence that there is nothing in the universe with the power to separate us from God's love. I'm convinced that this love will triumph over death, life's troubles, fallen angels, or dark rulers in the heavens. There is nothing in our present or future circumstances that can weaken his love. There is no power above us or beneath us - no power that could ever be found in the universe that can distance us from God's passionate love, which is lavished upon us through our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One! 
Romans 8:37-39 The Passion Translation

Let's pray, 

Jesus, help me today to acknowledge my pain. Please forgive me for the hurt I have caused through my pain. Help me to sit with you and process my pain well. Please bring people to walk with me and guide me in this process. Thank you that you are for me and nothing can separate me from your love. Thank you that I am more than a conqueror because of you. Please help me to get to the place when I can testify to your goodness, grace and mercy. In your Name I pray, Amen.




 


No comments: