Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Are you searching for a safe place today?


Are you searching for a safe place to express exactly how you feel today? 

Sometimes when the circumstances around me are in turmoil I picture myself being wrapped in the strong arms of my God, protecting me. His peace settles in me and I am assured of His overwhelmingly tangible presence.   Psalm 91 says it this way,

His massive arms are wrapped around you, protecting you.
You can run under his covering of majesty and hide.
His arms of faithfulness are a shield keeping you from harm. Psalm 91:4 TPT

Talking about running, at other times I want to run away, saying to myself, "It is all to hard, I want to have a simple life - with no responsibility and no commitments." But that's not really life is it? 

In those moments I know there is one place I can always run to - that place of worship and abandonment, that place where I commune with Jesus, that place where the tears come, grateful for His grace and mercy in my life. Grateful for who He is - the one who saves. Knowing that He has the big picture and I need to keep my focus on Him.

Philippians 4:6-9 reminds us of that,

Don't be pulled in different directions or worried about a thing. Be saturated in prayer throughout each day, offering your faith-filled requests before God with overflowing gratitude. Tell him every detail of your life, then God's wonderful peace that transcends human understanding, will make answers known to you through Jesus Christ. 

So keep your thoughts continually fixed on all that is authentic and real, honorable and admirable, beautiful and respectful, pure and holy, merciful and kind. And fasten your thoughts on every glorious work of God, praising him always. Follow the example of all that we have imparted to you and the God of peace will be with you in all things. Philippians 4:6-9 TPT

A few words that jump out at me as I read that scripture ...

Don't be pulled
Be saturated in prayer
Overflowing gratitude
Tell every detail
God's wonderful peace
Make answers known
Through Jesus Christ
Thoughts continually fixed
Fasten your thoughts
Praising Him
God of peace
With you in all things 

Well actually, that is more than a few words - that is a high level summary for finding that safe place, Jesus, who helps us to push through and find that place of feeling those massive loving arms of God around us.

Let's finish powerful declaration today ....

When you sit enthroned under the shadow of Shaddai,
you are hidden in the strength of God Most High.
He's the hope that holds me and the Stronghold to shelter me, the only God for me, and my great confidence.
Psalm 91:1-2 TPT




No comments: