Thursday, November 1, 2018

When we are weak ....

The other week, actually in the middle of the night, we had a child who needed comforting. She suggested we sing some worship songs to help shift the focus. Great idea! We quietly sang some worship songs we had recently been singing at church, mainly just the choruses as we couldn't remember the other lines. She led. I followed (half asleep). 

Then she asked, 'What's that song? It's a simple one, you know.' Yes I did know, and started to sing, 

'Jesus loves me this I know .... for the Bible tells me so.....little ones to Him belong.... we are weak but ..... He is strong.'

I think the words are actually, 'they are weak'. But for us, we knew that it was definitely a 'we'.

Eventually she went back to her bed, and I could hear singing from her room ....

'Jesus loves me this I know' over and over, softer and softer and eventually the silence of peaceful sleep. Thank you Jesus.

Lifting up the name of Jesus, always helps us. He doesn't need a fanfare. He just wants us to call on Him because he cares for us.

Pour out all your worries and stress upon him and leave them there, for he always tenderly cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7 TPT

Day or night, He is there, ready and waiting to respond to our call. He isn't half asleep, half attentive. He is fully attentive always, ready with mercy and grace.

So here's what I've learned through it all; Leave all your cares and anxieties at the feet of the Lord, and measureless grace will strengthen you. Psalm 55:22 TPT

Measureless grace. Available to you and me.


But he answered me, "My grace is always more than enough for you, and my power finds its full expression through your weakness." So I will celebrate my weaknesses, for when I'm weak I sense more deeply the mighty power of Christ living in me. So I'm not defeated by my weakness, but delighted! For when I feel my weakness and endure mistreatment - when I'm surrounded with troubles on every side and face persecution because of my love for Christ - I am made yet stronger. For my weakness becomes a portal to God's power. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 TPT

We are weak..... but ..... Jesus loves me this I know. 

And today we have access to His love and power, so let's surrender and lean on Him, allowing our weakness to become a portal to His power. Let's live with the certainty that He is with us now - Emmanuel, and forever, beyond our life in this place.

So why would I fear the future? For your goodness and love pursue me all the days of my life. Then afterward, when my life is through, I'll return to your glorious presence to be forever with you! Psalm 23:6 TPT


No comments: