Saturday, August 9, 2014

All the black sheep.

Still, it's what God had in mind all along, 
to crush Him with pain.
The plan was that He give himself as an offering for sin so that He'd see life come from it - life, life and more life.
And God's plan will deeply prosper through Him.
Out of that terrible travail of soul, 
He'll see that it's worth it and be glad that he did it.
Through what He experienced, my righteous one, my servant,
will make many "righteous ones,"
as he himself carries the burden of their sins.
Therefore I'll reward him extravagantly -
the best of everything, the highest honours -
Because He looked death in the face and didn't flinch,
because He embraced the company of the lowest.
He took on His own shoulders the sin of many,
He took up the cause of all the black sheep.
Isaiah 53:10-12 MSG

Jesus, the Righteous one. Me, one of the black sheep.

But, because Jesus, carried the burden of my sins, because He looked death in the face and didn't flinch, He has made a way for me to be righteous too. He has given us an opportunity to be cleansed of our sin, so we can have a renewed relationship with our Heavenly Father. All we need to do is have true faith in Jesus.

Who God put forward [before the eyes of all] as a mercy seat and propitiation by His blood [the cleansing and life-giving sacrifice of atonement and reconciliation, to be received] through faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in His divine forbearance He had passed over and ignored former sins without punishment. It was to demonstrate and prove at the present time (in the now season) that He Himself is righteous and that He justifies and accepts as righteous him who has [true] faith in Jesus. Romans 3:25-26 AMP

For me it is a daily decision to believe and trust in Jesus and declare that I am made righteous in Christ. There are some days when I continually 'stuff up', mainly through lack of self-control and patience, which then leads to frustration, making me not the most pleasant person to be around! I am not perfect, I acknowledge that. I make mistakes. I acknowledge that, and ask forgiveness for them. But Jesus is perfect. Jesus doesn't make mistakes. Jesus is my advocate with my Heavenly Father. He is the One who is interceding for me. As the disciple John wrote, 

My little children, I write you these things so that you may not violate God's law and sin. But if anyone should sin, we have an Advocate (One Who will intercede for us) with the Father - [it is] Jesus Christ [the all] righteous [upright, just, Who conforms to the Father's will in every purpose, thought and action]. And He [that same Jesus Himself] is the propitiation (the atoning sacrifice) for our sins, and not for ours alone but also for [the  sins of] the whole world. 1 John 2:1-2 AMP

Thank you Jesus that you are my Advocate. Thank you that you go to the Father on my behalf and present me as righteous to Him.  Thank you Jesus that took up the cause of all the black sheep.

Question for today, is there an area in your life where you are feeling like 'the black sheep'? Ask God to forgive you, and help you to have true faith in Jesus. Ask God to help you to know in your heart, that because of Jesus, you have right standing with Him. You are not the black sheep. You are His precious child,  filled with peace, covered with grace.

Therefore, since we are justified (acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God) through faith, let us [grasp the fact that we] have [the peace of reconciliation to hold and enjoy] peace with God through out Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). Through Him also we have [our] access (entrance, introduction) by faith into this grace (state of God's favour) in which we [firmly and safely] stand. And let us rejoice and exult in our hope of experiencing and enjoying the glory of God. 
Romans 5:1-2 AMP


No comments: