Thursday, February 5, 2015

Cherish Hope

For whatever was thus written in former days was written for our instruction, that by [our steadfast and patient] endurance and the encouragement [drawn] from the Scriptures we might hold fast to and cherish hope. Romans 15:4 AMP

Cherish hope. As I read those two words, I felt the Holy Spirit say, 'Don't underestimate the hope that you have, and more importantly, don't underestimate Who you have put your hope in.'

And further Isaiah says, There shall be a Sprout from the Root of Jesse, He Who rises to rule over the Gentile; in Him shall the Gentiles hope. Romans 15:12 AMP

The Who, The Sprout of the Root of Jesse, the One I choose to put my hope in, is Jesus Christ. When everything seems to be falling apart, and the options are narrowing, for me, there is only one place to go. Only one 'place' that offers real hope. Only one 'place' that I know my hope will be met, and most often 'more than met.' That 'place' is Jesus.

So let us seize and hold fast and retain without wavering the hope we cherish and confess and our acknowledgement of it, for He Who promised is reliable (sure) and faithful to His word. Hebrews 10:23 AMP

Question for today, are you looking at a circumstance in or around your life and feeling hopeless? Today, make a decision to put your hope in Jesus. 

But this I recall and therefore have I hope and expectation: It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness. The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (my inner self); therefore will I hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him. The Lord is good to those who wait hopefully and expectantly for Him, to those who seek Him [inquire of and for Him and require Him by right of necessity and on the authority of God's word]. It is good that one should hope in and wait quietly for the salvation (the safety and ease) of the Lord. Lamentations 3:21-26 AMP

Cherish hope.


No comments: