Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Worrying and being anxious

And who of you by worrying and being anxious can add one unit of measure (cubit) to his stature or to the 'span of his life? Matthew 6:27 AMP

As I tried to go to sleep last night, a battle raged in my mind for about half an hour. One part of my mind was clearly in fear, travelling through various negative 'what if' scenarios. The other part was trying to recall God's truth over the situation. I hadn't experienced a night like this for a long long time.

The voice of fear continued, getting more and more vocal, listing all the negative aspects of our situation. The voice of truth, trying to be heard, started as a whisper, 'Remember how God has taken care of things before. He has been faithful to you. He has come through in the difficult situations before, even when it looked like He wasn't going to.'

[Earnestly] remember the marvelous deeds that He has done, His miracles and wonders, the judgements and sentences which He pronounced [upon His enemies, as in Egypt]. Psalm 105:5 AMP

After all this debate, a question came into my mind, a simple question that a friend had taught me to ask myself, 'Wendy, are you operating in fear or faith?'  'Faith' was the answer that I gave. 'Faith' was my stance.

With this question settled, my soul cried out, please give me your peace Jesus so I can sleep. 

Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled]. John 14:27 AMP

I cannot remember anything after that, so I must have gone to sleep as soon as uttering that prayer. Asleep with faith.

Question for today, is there something in your life that is keeping you awake at night? Does a battle rage in your mind between the negative 'what if' scenarios, and God's truth for your life? If yes, study God's word for the truth, get it into your heart. Keep seeking God. Make a list of all the times God has bought you through tough times, a testimony list of God's faithfulness to you. Equip yourself, so when the doubt comes, you can clout it with God's word and what He has already done in your life. And finally, ask Jesus for His perfect peace.




No comments: