Saturday, March 7, 2015

A God of faithfulness

He is the Rock, His work is perfect, for all His ways are law and justice. A God of faithfulness without breach or deviation, just and right is He. Deuteronomy 32:4 AMP

Have you ever woken up in the morning with a feeling of dread or a wondering of how this circumstance is going to turn around?  This morning I awoke with those types of thoughts in my head. Between getting out of bed and getting to my bible, as I was fighting those thoughts, I felt God say to me, do the declarations. 

A couple of years ago, a friend gave me the book, I Declare - 31 Promises to speak over your life,  by Joel Osteen.  There are a couple of declarations I regularly speak out aloud over my life, particularly when my mind is wanting to go down the path of hopeless and negativity. Here are the declarations I spoke out this morning, from page 169

I declare I walk in the blessing of almighty God. I am filled with wisdom. I make good choices. I have clear direction.

I declare I am blessed with creativity, with good ideas, with courage, with strength, with ability.

I declare I am blessed with promotion, with success, with an obedient heart, with a positive outlook.

I declare whatever I put my hand to will prosper and succeed. I will be blessed in the city and blessed in the field. I will be blessed when I go in and when I go out.

I declare I will lend and not borrow, and I will be above and not beneath.

I declare right now that every negative word, every curse that has ever been spoken over me, is broken in the name of Jesus.

I declare the negative things that have been in my family even for generations will no longer have any effect on me.

I declare that from this day forward I will experience a new sense of freedom, a new happiness and a new fulfillment.

I declare I am blessed!

Did making these declarations change my circumstance? No. But they did change my thoughts and attitude towards my circumstance. As I made these declarations, hope started to come. I felt God's strength building within me. I felt myself being pulled back into line with God's truth for my life. He is a faithful God. He doesn't deviate like we do.

Jesus Christ (the Messiah) is [always] the same, yesterday, today, [yes] and forever (to the ages). Hebrews 13:8 AMP

I was able to then re-start my day with a completely different outlook. An outlook that centred on the truth that our God is faithful. 

But as for me, my prayer is to You, O Lord. At an acceptable and opportune time, O God, in the multitude of Your mercy and the abundance of Your loving-kindness hear me, and in the truth and faithfulness of Your salvation answer me. Psalm 69:13 AMP

Question for today, are you feeling hopeless or negative about a circumstance in your life? Do you believe that God is faithful, just and right? Why not make some declarations out loud to the atmosphere about what God has to say about you and your circumstance? Use the ones I have mentioned above from Joel Osteen, or any scriptures God places on your heart. Ask God to help you not to deviate, but remain firm, standing on Him, the Rock.

The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my High Tower. Psalm 18:2 AMP

Jesus, thank you for your faithfulness, mercy and loving kindness. Please help us not to deviate, but to remain faithful to you whilst we wait for your opportune and acceptable time. Thank you for being our Rock. Amen.


No comments: