Thursday, March 26, 2015

My inner self thirsts for You

O GOD, You are my God, earnestly will I seek You; my inner self thirsts for You, my flesh longs and is faint for You, in a dry and weary land where no water is. Psalm 63:1 AMP

Today, are you in a dry and weary land where no water is? Are you scrambling around in this thing called 'life', unsure what to do next? Searching, waiting, striving, all to no avail? Is your inner self restless, thirsting for something more?

My inner self has been restless and thirsty all morning. Today I woke up later than normal due to a broken night's sleep. My day started with a short prayer, not the normal devotion time that I enjoy each morning and live my day out of. As a result the activities of the day have tumbled along, with 'some-thing' missing. That something is the peace that I get from having sat at the feet of my Heavenly Father, being in His presence, soaking in His word and talking to Him. I didn't have time to properly sit with Him this morning. Oh what a difference it makes to my day when I set the Lord continually before me.

I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad and my glory [my inner self] rejoices; my body too shall rest and confidently dwell in safety, ... You will show me the path of life' in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:8, 9, 11 AMP

Question for today, what is your inner self thirsting for? Where have you set God in your life? If you are feeling like I was, in desperate need of some time sitting in the presence of God, why not ask God to help you make that time available? He is listening and He will give you what you need.

In the day when I called, You answered me; and You strengthened me with strength (might and inflexibility to temptation) in my inner self.... For though the Lord is high, yet has He respect to the lowly [bringing them into fellowship with Him]; but the proud and haughty He knows and recognises [only] at a distance. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me. The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever - forsake not the works of your own hands. Psalm 138:3, 6-8 AMP



No comments: