Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Many plans

Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purposes for him that will stand.
Proverbs 19:21 AMP

This morning, it was once again time to lay down my plans and submit to God's purposes for me. I had become increasing irritated over the past couple of days as 'my' schedule slipped, and then slipped again. Now it is a complete landslide! Ever so gently last night the Holy Spirit started to speak to me in among my frustration, reminding me that God is sovereign, and that He has it all under control. Everything will be sorted out, in God's timing, not mine.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He also has planted eternity in men's hearts and minds [a divinely implanted sense of a purpose working through the ages which nothing under the sun but God alone can satisfy], yet so that men cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. Ecclesiastes 3:11 AMP

So this morning I repented. Repented of trying to tell the Maker what and how to make.

Woe to him who strives with his Maker! - a worthless piece of broken pottery among other pieces equally worthless [and yet presuming to strive with his Maker]! Shall the clay say to him who fashions it, What do you think you are making? or, Your work has no handles? Isaiah 45:9 AMP

My plan is still in 'landslide', but it doesn't matter anymore, as I have now repented and realigned myself with God, the all knowing, all seeing, creator of the universe. 

I am the Lord, and there is no one else; there is no God besides me. I will gird and arm you, though you have not known Me. That men may know from the east and the rising of the son and from the west and the setting of the sun that there is no God besides Me. I am the Lord, and no one else [is He]. I form the light and create darkness, I make peace [national well-being] and I create [physical] evil [calamity]; I am the Lord, Who does all these things. Isaiah 45:5-7 AMP

The big challenge is to stay aligned with God, and with His purposes of salvation of all the earth. To stay connected to His plan and be a vessel for His purposes.

Question for today, do you have plans in your mind that don't seem to running to schedule? When was the last time you 'checked in' with God to ensure that your plans line up with His purposes for you? If it has been a little while, why not take time today to sit and surrender your plans to God, and wait for His response. He always has the best plan, He created us and loves us.

Let fall in showers, you heavens, from above, and let the skies rain down righteousness [the pure, spiritual, heaven-born possibilities that have their foundation in the holy being of God]; let the earth open, and let them [skies and earth] sprout forth salvation, and let righteousness germinate and spring up [as plants do] together; I the Lord have created it. Isaiah 45:8 AMP




No comments: