Saturday, December 12, 2015

He will meet me

My God in His mercy and steadfast love will meet me; God will let me look [triumphantly] on my enemies (those who lie in wait for me). Psalm 59:10 AMP 

In this scripture, we have the assurance that God, in His mercy and steadfast love will meet us. He doesn't forget about us, even though circumstances may suggest that. Another version puts it this way,

In his unfailing love, my God will stand with me. He will let me look down in triumph on all my enemies. Psalm 59:10 NLT

In the difficult and challenging times, we do not stand alone. We have a God, our Heavenly Father, who meets us and stands with us. Sometimes in the midst of the trial, that is hard to see, but if we look, really look, we can find Him in the midst, often in the small things. The unexpected provision, the loving encouragement, the favour in a seemingly impossible situation,  all reminders of His presence and love for us. 

Another Bible version puts it this way,

God in dependable love shows up on time, shows me my enemies in ruin. Psalm 59:10 The Message

To say our desired timing is so different to God's timing is an understatement. This has been a lesson that God has been teaching me over many years. He has been patiently teaching me to be patient. I have been a very slow learner in this area, but now, as my trust in Him has grown, so has my ability to wait. There are still times of impatience, but much less than in the past. This continual transformation is a product of God's mercy and steadfast love. A product of God meeting with me. A transformation that I desire to see continue in my life, not only in the area of patience, but in all the fruits of the spirit.

But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness, gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [that can bring a charge]. Galatians 5:22-23 AMP

And right there in that scripture is another reminder of how God meets us - the Holy Spirit - His presence within us.  The beautiful gentle comforting Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit who intercedes for us. 

So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearning and groanings too deep for utterance.

And He Who searches the hearts of me knows what is in the mind of the [Holy] Spirit [what His intent is], because the Spirit intercedes and pleads [before God] in behalf of the saints according to and in harmony with God's will. Romans 8:26-27 AMP

And of course God meets us through His Son Jesus, whose birth we are celebrating now. 


(So grateful for the shopping centres that still have a reminder of the real reason for Christmas)

Jesus, who also intercedes for us. 

Who is there to condemn [us]? Will Christ Jesus (the Messiah), Who died, or rather Who was raised from the dead, Who is at the right hand of God actually pleading as He intercedes for us? Romans 8:34 AMP

Questions for today, are you expecting that God will meet you today, showing you His mercy and steadfast love? Are you expecting that the Holy Spirit and Jesus will be interceding for you, in the circumstances you face?

And taking this one step further, are you expecting to show God's love to someone today?  Are you expecting God to prompt you to intercede for one of your brothers and sisters in Christ? 

You are my strength, I watch for you; you, God are my my fortress, my God on whom I can rely. God will go before me and will let me gloat over those who slander me.  Psalm 59:9-10 NIV







No comments: