Thursday, December 10, 2015

My heart is fixed.

My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is steadfast and confident! I will sing and make melody.
Psalm 57:7 AMP

Fixed - to make firm or stable; fasten, secure.

What is your heart is fixed on? David had his heart fixed on God.

O GOD, my heart is fixed (steadfast, in the confidence of faith); I will sing, yes, I will sing praises, even with my glory [all the faculties and powers of one created in Your image]! Psalm 108:1 AMP

David knew who he was. He knew he was created in the image of God. He knew he could have total confidence in His creator. Why? Because he had taken the time to be with God, listen to God, and get revelation of God's love for him. He knew that God alone, was his 'go to' man.


Be merciful and gracious to me, O God, be merciful and gracious to me, for my soul takes refuge and finds shelter and confidence in You; yes in the shadow of Your wings will I take refuge and be confident until calamities and destructive storms are passed. I will cry to God Most High, Who performs on my behalf and rewards me [Who brings to pass His purposes for me and surely completes them]! Psalm 57:1-2 AMP

So let's ask ourselves that question again, what is our heart fixed on? What or who is it that we are putting all hope and confidence in? Are we doing as Paul tells us to, living in union with and conformity to Jesus, or are we living in union with and conformity to the world around us? 

As you therefore received Christ, [even] Jesus the Lord, [so] walk (regulate your lives and conduct yourselves) in union with and conformity to Him. Have the roots [of your being] firmly and deeply planed [in Him, fixed and founded in Him], being continually built up in Him, becoming increasingly more confirmed and established in the faith, just as you were taught, and abounding and overflowing in it with thanksgiving. Colossians 2:6-7 AMP

God knows we aren't going to get it right all the time. He knows that we so often succumb to the influences of this world. But lets ask Him to help us make it less often. Let's ask Him to help us make daily choices to live more of our lives His way and for His purposes. Let's be people who choose to dwell daily with our creator, our Heavenly Father. Let's fix our heart on Him.

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Who power no foe can withstand]. I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust! Psalm 91:1-2 AMP


No comments: