Thursday, January 28, 2016

Growing in understanding

But grow in grace (undeserved favour, spiritual strength) and recognition and knowledge and understanding of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ (the Messiah). To Him [be] glory (honour, majesty, and splendor) both now and to the day of eternity. Amen (so be it)! 2 Peter 3:18 AMP

When walking daily with God there is always something else to understand, something new to learn. The question is are we willing to learn? Are we teachable? Or are we closed to understanding the ways of God as they don't fit with our 'neat, ordered' current understanding.

Right now God has me on this journey of growing my understanding of His healing ways. The number one lesson I have learnt so far is...

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9 AMP

I am learning that with God, this scripture is always a good place to start - complete submission to His thoughts and His ways. The Message Bible puts it this way,

"I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work." God's Decree. "For as the sky soars high above the earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think." Isaiah 55:8-9 The Message

Here is a healing testimony from Derek Prince's book, God's Word Heals. It is the sort of testimony that makes you think, when I declare this scripture, do I really believe that all things are possible with God?

But Jesus looked at them and said, With men this is impossible, but all things are possible with God. Matthew 19:26 AMP

The testimony ..

Contrary to plan, I started to speak about legs.... So, at the end of my sharing, I said, "Now we'll do it. Demos, you take one chair over there, and I'll take one chair on this side." It seems the more nerve you have, the more God backs you up. The first person Demos prayed for was a chiropractor, and his leg grew out. From then on, he was our cheerleader. He would stand up there and say, "It's growing out. The ankle's turning. I can see it."  (page 223, 233)

Of course, this healing journey is a very personal journey with our daughter Victoria. But I am excited to learn and understand more of God's power in the area of healing, and what it will lead to in our lives, and the lives of others.

Question for today, what is it that God is wanting to grow your understanding in? Are you yielding to what He wants to teach you? Let's ask God to help us to listen more, and grow in the understanding of His ways, so we can be better vessels for Him in this world.

Grow in grace and understanding of our Master and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Glory to the Master, now and forever! Yes! 2 Peter 3:18 The Message






No comments: