Thursday, January 21, 2016

He turns it whichever way He wills

The King's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as are the watercourses; He turns it whichever way He wills. Proverbs 21:1 AMP

Earlier this week I went to a meeting. As I drove to the meeting I had a sense that my thinking on a particular 'topic' was going to be challenged - by God. As I walked into the meeting I said a silent prayer, 'God please help me to have a teachable heart and really hear what is being said.'

When the scoffer is punished, the fool gets a lesson in being wise; but men of [godly] Wisdom and good sense learn by being instructed. Proverbs 21:11 AMP

Sure enough, during the meeting some instructions were given that challenged my thinking on 'the way God does things'. Yes - very dangerous territory on my part. Who am I to 'know the way God does things'? Enter humility.

There is no [human] wisdom or understanding or counsel [that can prevail] against the Lord. Proverbs 21:30 AMP

At that point I had a choice - keep 'stewing' in my mind, or surrender my thoughts to God, and let God be God. He was reminding me once again that He doesn't fit in a neat little box. He prefers to work outside the box - and do things His way. I just needed to be humble, listen and obey.

The horse is prepared for the day of battle, but deliverance and victory are of the Lord. Proverbs 21:31 AMP

Since surrendering my thoughts, the channel within my heart has been opened to hearing more of God's thoughts on the 'topic', and learning more of His heart for His people. It is amazing what He can do in us if we let Him. I am very expectant now for what He will do with this 'turning of my heart'.

Question for today, is there some area in  your life that you have put 'boundaries' around the way God can and will operate?  If yes, then why not take time today to ask God to help you remove those boundaries in your thinking, and give Him time and room to show you more of His ways.

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unfathomable (inscrutable, unsearchable) are His judgements (His decisions)! And how untraceable (mysterious, undiscoverable) are His ways (His methods, His paths)! For who has known the mind of the Lord and who has understood His thoughts, or who has [ever] been His counselor? Romans 11:33-34 AMP










No comments: