Saturday, January 2, 2016

Whose plans?

For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. Jeremiah 29:11

Plans, plans, plans. Whose plans? My plans, your plans or God's plans?

Over the past few days I have had the blessing of time to read The grace of yielding, by Derek Prince. What a challenging read! But a very necessary read. It has given me the opportunity to reflect on what we have had to yield in our lives, over the past few years and what a difficult process it has been. And made me ask the question, what does it take to lay down our plans and yield completely to God's plans?

From my experiences of yielding our daughter and our business, the main thing I have learnt is that it is better to yield quickly rather than taking your time. Being slow to yield allows time for an internal turmoil to grow in your heart and mind. 

However yielding quickly can be difficult when you are used to holding things or people tightly - as I was. It took time for me to get revelation in my heart that I could really trust God with our precious daughter. At first, I thought I had yielded as I could speak out the scriptures and say to God, 'I trust You'. But as various situations came and went I realised that I really hadn't yielded as I while I had some peace, I wasn't experiencing complete peace. It took time for that level of trust in God to grow in my heart, so I could get to the place of experiencing complete peace. Hopefully that lesson will not be forgotten the next time I have to yield something so precious.

We still do not know the full extent of God's plan regarding our daughter having a brain tumour, but we have seen and experienced enough to know that He is faithful.

Happy (blessed, fortunate, enviable) is he who has the God of [special revelation to] Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God,
Who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, Who keeps truth and is faithful forever,
Psalms 146:5-6 AMP

And His word is trustworthy. 

The works of His hands are [absolute] truth and justice [faithful and right]; and all His decrees and precepts are sure (fixed, established, and trustworthy). Psalms 111:7 AMP

His plans, His thoughts, His ways, are not our plans, thoughts or ways. However, when we yield, it doesn't matter that we don't understand, because we trust. We trust with all our heart. And in that trusting comes peace.

And God’s peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7 AMP

Question for today, is there something God is asking you to yield to Him? How are you going with the yielding? If you are struggling and finding it hard to 'let go and let God', like I did, why not ask God to show you want is causing the slowness and ask for His help to remove the barrier. 





No comments: