Saturday, February 20, 2016

The Lord has been mindful of us

We have been rescued from our enemies so we can serve God without fear, in holiness and righteousness for as long as we live. Luke 1:74-75 NLT

Today I am going to share a little story of how God has been gently guiding me along His path for my life. I pray that as you read this you will see parallels of how God is working in your life and be reminded that He is always mindful of you.

The Lord has been mindful of us, He will bless us: He will bless the house of Israel, He will bless the house of Aaron [the priesthood], He will bless those who reverently and worshipfully fear the Lord, both small and great. Psalm 115:12-13 AMP

This story probably starts way before last year, however, my strong awareness of it only really began in 2015. One of the scriptures God gave me to meditate in 2015 was 

Also David told Solomon his son, Be strong and courageous, and do it. Fear not, be not dismayed, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail or forsake you until you have finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
1 Chronicles 28:20 AMP

I would meditate on this scripture often (it was on our toilet wall). Many things that happened in my life last year where inspired by those words, 'Be strong and courageous, and do it.'

The last words of the scripture 'for the service of the house of the Lord' sat well with me, but in all honesty I saw them more as a promise for our daughter Victoria's life, rather than a specific word for my life. Though the word 'service' did leave me pondering.

This year, 2016, one of the scriptures God has given me to meditate on is 

Never lag in zeal and in earnest endeavour; be aglow and burning with the Spirit; serving the Lord. Romans 12:11 AMP


A couple of weeks ago when I was reading this scripture (again on the toilet wall), the Holy Spirit drew me to the 'serving the Lord' and reminded me of the 2015 scripture with 'service of the house of the Lord'. 

And then the 'Ah-ha' moment came - God you are wanting to teach me how to be a servant, your servant, a servant without fear, and guided completely by your Spirit. 

This may sound a bit odd to you, as you may think, Wendy you are already being a servant, and I guess that is true sort of, but I believe God is wanting to teach me to be a better servant, serving Him in everything I do and say, not just some things. Here is another one of the scriptures He gave me for 2016

But I say, walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh (of human nature without God). Galatians 5:16 AMP

After getting revelation from these scriptures and prompting from the Holy Spirit, last week I prayed with a deep desire in my heart, 'Lord, please show me how to be your servant'.

Later that day a friend was praying for me. It was a beautiful prayer, however it wasn't until she uttered the last word  - servant - that I felt God speaking to me. I was so grateful to God for this confirmation of what He is wanting to teach me, and am genuinely excited about what the future look like and the fruit that will come.

Question for today, is there something that God has been speaking to you about, through various ways (scripture, Holy Spirit promptings, friends), over the past few years? Something that stirs a passion in your heart and makes you excited about life and your potential in God? Let's give thanks to our Heavenly Father and His mindfulness of us and His guidance to help us be all that He created us to be.

O LORD, I am your servant;
yes, I am your servant, born into your household;
you have freed me from my chains.
I will offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the LORD. Psalm 116:15-1 NLT











No comments: