Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Lord is ...

I Love You fervently and devotedly, O Lord, my Strength. The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer, my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my High Tower, Psalm 18:1-2 AMP

This morning, I have been thinking about God, Who He is and all He has done for me. Reading this scripture, thinking about all He is to me - my Strength, my Rock .... Here is a combination of different versions of these scriptures ...

my Strength - you make me strong
my Rock - bedrock under my feet
my Fortress - the castle in which I live
my Deliverer - my saviour, my rescuing knight
the Horn of my salvation - the power that saves me
my High Tower - my stronghold, my place of safety, the high crag where I run for dear life

I don't know about you, but when I read these scriptures and think about Who God is, I can then declare with confidence verse 3,

I sing to God, the Praise-Lofty, and find myself safe and saved. Psalm 18:3 The Message

We can have confidence that He is on our side ....

What then shall we say to [all] this? If God is for us, who [can be] against us? [Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?] Romans 8:31 AMP

We can have confidence that He has a plan ....

We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labour] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose. Romans 8:28 AMP

We can declare ...

For by You I can run through a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall. As for God, His way is perfect! The word of the Lord is tested and tried; He is a shield to all those who take refuge and put their trust in Him. For who is God except the Lord? Or who is the Rock save our God, the God who girds me with strength and makes my way perfect? He makes my feet like hinds' feet [able to stand firmly or make progress on the dangerous heights of testing and trouble]; He sets me securely upon my high places.  Psalm 18:29-33 AMP

Question for today, do you need to remind yourself, (just as I have had to) of Who God is? Remind yourself that He is on our side, that He has a plan, that His word is tested and tried, and that He is able to make our way perfect? If so, why not take some time to meditate on these scriptures, and any others God leads you to, and let Him minister His truth to you.

The Lord lives! Blessed be my Rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted. Psalm 18:46 AMP


No comments: