Thursday, April 14, 2016

Why does He bother?


I look up at your macro-skies, dark and enormous, your handmade sky-jewellery, moon and stars mounted in their settings. Then I look at my micro-self and wonder Why do you bother with us? Why take a second look our way?
Psalm 8:3-4 The Message


Blessed be GOD, my mountain who trains me to fight fair and well. He's the bedrock on which I stand, the castle in which I live, my rescuing knight. The high crag where I run for dear life, while he lays my enemies low. I wonder why you care, GOD - why do you bother with us at all? All we are is a puff of air; we're like shadows in a campfire.
Psalm 144:1-4 The Message

Why does He bother with us? Here are just a few reasons ....

1. He created us 

God created human beings; he created them godlike, reflecting God's nature. He created them male and female. Genesis 1:27 The Message

2. He loves us

"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. John 3:16 The Message

3. He has a plan for us

I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon  you, plans to give you the future you hope for. Jeremiah 29:11 The Message

4. He has not abandoned us

And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever. John 14:16 AMP

So today, let's take time to meditate on these truths and get a deeper understanding of why God bothers with you and me, along with the other seven billion plus people on this earth. We are His children and He loves us.

This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike "What's next, Papa?" God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children. Romans 8:15-16 The Message





No comments: