Tuesday, December 13, 2016

2017 - what's next on your journey with God?

For you are becoming progressively acquainted with and recognizing more strongly and clearly the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ (His kindness, His gracious generosity, His undeserved favour and spiritual blessing), [in] that though He was [so very] rich, yet for your sakes He became [so very] poor, in order that by His poverty you might become enriched (abundantly supplied). 2 Corinthians 8:9 AMP

Last night Ken came home from a meeting where they were reflecting on what God had done in their year. This started me thinking about my year with God. Of course, being married, Ken and I could identify many common things that God has done for our family and our business. We are so thankful for God's grace on our lives. 

But our God is a personal God - uniquely loving you and me - knowing what we individually need, knowing where we are at on our journey of intimacy with Him. And for me, that is the question to be answered, in 2016, have I moved to a great level of intimacy with my Heavenly Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit? 

At the end of 2015, God gave me some scriptures to meditate on, learn from and live out of for 2016....

But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon  you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth. Acts 1:8 AMP

It is the Spirit Who gives life [He is the Life-giver]; the flesh conveys no benefit whatever [there is no profit in it]. The words (truths) that I have been speaking to you are spirit and life. John 6:63 AMP

Never lag in zeal and in earnest endeavour; be aglow and burning with the Spirit; serving the Lord. Romans 12:11 AMP

But I say, walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh (of human nature without God). Galatians 5:16 AMP

I am so grateful that God spoke to me about these scriptures, and that they have been on the walls around our home. They have constantly reminded me of what is available to me, being filled with the Holy Spirit. They have challenged me to make more use of the power of the Holy Spirit, in every area of my life. And what a blessing it has been to me (an hopefully to those around me), every time I have stepped out in obedience to the prompting of the Holy Spirit.  

For me, by God's grace, it has certainly been a year of ..

becoming progressively acquainted with and recognizing more strongly and clearly the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ (His kindness, His gracious generosity, His undeserved favour and spiritual blessing), 

Question for today, as we move towards a new year, 2017, what is it that God is prompting you about? Are there some specific scriptures He is leading you to? Why not spend some time, asking Him, then wait and write down what He says. He wants each of us on that journey of becoming progressively acquainted with and recognising more stronly and clearly the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Let's be willing and eager participants on that journey.
 


No comments: