Thursday, December 29, 2016

Choices

But me, I'm not giving up.
I'm sticking around to see what GOD will do.
I'm waiting for God to make things right.
I'm counting on God to listen to me.
Micah 7:7 The Message

We are almost at the end of the another year. A year that for some people had tragedy, disappointment and betrayal, and for others joy, celebrations and success. For some it has been a mix of both.

Despite what has happened in 2016, we will be entering into a new year on Sunday and we have a choice. In fact, every morning, when we wake up to a new day, we have a choice. A choice to stick with God and recall Who He is ...

This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I hope in him!" The LORD is good to those who wait in Him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3:21-26 NKJV

A choice every day, to taste and see that the LORD is good.

Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see - how good GOD is. Blessed are  you who run to him. Psalm 34:8 The Message

A choice to trust Him.

Trust GOD from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for GOD's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:5-6 The Message

God makes a choice every day. He chose us.

Even as [in His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy (consecrated and set apart for Him) and blameless in His sight, even above reproach, before Him in Love.  Ephesians 1:4 AMP

Yes, He chose us.

Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to  be made whole and holy by his love. Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure He took in planning this!). Ephesians 1:4-5 The Message

So today, in response to God's love for us, let's choose Jesus, and let Him influence every choice we make.

No comments: