Thursday, February 16, 2017

There is too much to do, I need help

Have you ever said to yourself (or someone else), 

'There is too much to do, I need help' ?

I seem to be saying that quite regularly at the moment as our life continues to change, and not always by our own choice. Again I find myself coming back to God asking Him to give me the practical answers to the how, when and what questions. 

And He always answers, so despite all these happenings, I have a quiet confidence that God is still in control, He hasn't had a break from being sovereign God, our loving Heavenly Father. He is there and is always available to give direction.

For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide [even] until death. Psalm 48:14 AMP

The main challenge for me is to take those thoughts of 'there is too much to do' captive. I have found these three steps help me.

1. Stop - a few weeks ago I put a sticky note on my computer monitor saying, 

Be still and know that I am God Psalm 46:10 

So when those thoughts come like, 'I can't do this, This is too much', I glance up to that note, breathe and read it and read it and read it until I feel that peace that passes all understanding come upon me.

2. Listen - once I have stopped I am able to actually listen to what God is saying or not saying. This helps me to make sure that I am doing only what He has asked me to do - nothing more and nothing less. Because I have learned that when I am doing what He wants me to do, there is always enough time and resource.

3. Ask - I then ask God, 'What is the next thing You want me to do right now? On this desk full of paper, emails and texts which one do You want me to attend to next?'

The answer always comes, although in different ways. I might find myself looking at a group of papers for just a second longer than normal, or a name might come into my mind, or an email at the bottom of a never-ending list catches my eye, or it could be my husband asking me for something. 

Whatever way the answer comes, I have noticed that it is always the right thing to do at that time. Afterwards I think, 'that was so good that I decided to do that' and then I remember, 'No Wendy, it wasn't you that decided, it was God who showed you what to do, He always knows best.'

And I thank God for His continual guidance, that He doesn't leave us or forsake us. And He goes before us.

It is the Lord Who goes before you; He will [march] with you; [let there be no cowardice or flinching, but] fear not, neither become broken [in spirit - depressed, dismayed, and unnerved with alarm]. Deuteronomy 31:8 AMP

He is always there, ready to help when we ask. So today, let's remember to ask for His guidance in everything we do.





No comments: