Tuesday, February 28, 2017

What are you thinking?

What are you thinking? Do your thoughts line up with God's thoughts about you and your future?

Last week I was reminded once again that God's ways and thoughts are so different to ours. He sees things from a completely different perspective, an all seeing and all knowing perspective. He tells us this so clearly in Isaiah,

For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9 AMP

I had some thoughts about one of our daughter's abilities at school. My thoughts were based on other people's opinions and experiences. Last week my eyes and heart were opened to a different perspective - God's perspective. God knew that an adjustment was needed in my thinking and expectations and He provided someone to deliver that message to me. God wanted to remind me ....

'I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work." GOD's decree. "For as the sky soars high above the earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think." Isaiah 55:8-9 The Message

God reminded me that I need to be constantly taking every thought captive, analysing them to check that they agree with God's word. And if they don't, replacing them with His truth.

We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of the life shaped by Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5 The Message

Questions for today, how do your thoughts line up with God's word? Is there an area in your life that you are feeling hopeless about? 


Why not take some time to write down those thoughts and look at each one, asking yourself, is this what God says or is this what people say? Is this truth and life, or is this fear speaking? For each thought, search God's word for His truth and start replacing that wrong thinking with God's truth. In the process be expectant of a greater revelation of God's love for you. Because He made you and He has many precious thoughts about you.

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! Psalm 139:17 NKJV




 

 


No comments: