Saturday, February 11, 2017

What is going on here?

 Sometimes in the midst of trials we ask,

'What is going here?'

Jeremiah 18 gives an explanation ...

The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying, "Arise and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause you to hear My words." Then I went down to the potter's house, and there he was, making something at the wheel. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make.

Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying: "O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?" says the LORD. "Look, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel!
Jeremiah 18:1-6 NKJV

The Potter is at work. We are the clay - marred and being made into another vessel by God's love and grace, a vessel that seems good to the potter, Our Heavenly Father.

The next question is, how 'moldable' are we? How willing are we to let the Potter mold us as we go through these trials, so that when the trial is finished, we are a vessel that seems good to the potter? Are we willing to yield to His loving, yet mysterious ways?
 
Hillsong has a beautiful worship song, The Potter's Hand, about yielding and letting God mold us more into His image.

Here is the chorus...

Take me, Mold me, use me, fill me
I give my life to the Potter's hand
Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me
I give my life to the Potter's hand

Question for today, at this moment, how moldable are you? Despite what is going on, is your heart still open and soft towards God, letting Him speak to you? It is a beautiful place to be, but sometimes hard to get to in the middle of a trial. If you aren't as moldable as you would like to be, I encourage you to spend some time in worship, possibly play The Potter's Hand, asking God to help you yield to Him, that little bit more to Him.

 



 



No comments: