Tuesday, August 29, 2017

The dwelling place

Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place. Psalm 23:6 AMP

His presence. My dwelling place. How do you stay in that place?

But our way is not that of those who draw back to eternal misery (perdition) and are utterly destroyed, but we are of those who believe [who cleave to and trust in and rely on God through Jesus Christ, the Messiah] and by faith preserve the soul. Hebrews 10:39 AMP

Believe. Cleave to. Trust in. Rely on. JESUS

Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]. Hebrews 11:1 AMP

Faith. 

Why is it that sometimes we can be so full of faith and then at other times our faith level appears to be zero? What happens to that complete belief in those words ....

I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength to me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency]. Philippians 4:13 AMP

What makes it a struggle to totally believe what Jesus said?

But Jesus looked at them, and said, With men this is impossible, but all things are possible with God. Matthew 19:26 AMP

What is wrong? Why have I moved away from that dwelling place. 

The words of the world have crept in, the 'this is what will happen', the 'we will have to do this'. The words that don't take into consideration the authority and power of the Creator of this world and of us. The words that look at the facts, but not the truth.

Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me. John 14:6 AMP

The dwelling place. I need to return there. My Jesus. 

The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). John 10:10 AMP

My Jesus. Life in abundance. Goodness. Mercy. Unfailing love. Hope. Choosing to dwell with You today.

Praying that these thoughts are a blessing to you, and encourage you to dwell with Jesus today.










No comments: