Tuesday, August 22, 2017

For I am with you

Yet now be strong, alert and courageous. O Zerubbabel, says the Lord, be strong, alert and courageous O Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and be strong, alert, and courageous, all you people of the land, says the Lord, and work! For I am with you, says the Lord of hosts. Haggai 2:3-4 AMP

Some days I don't want to be strong, alert and courageous. I want all the challenges of life to go away, and for life to be one continually beautiful restful holiday. A dream of the perfect life...  However we all know that life is anything but perfect.

It is on those days, that the last part of that passage of scripture, the truth, For I am with you, says the Lord of hosts, is what keeps me going. The truth that we do not have to face the challenges of life alone. The Lord is with us. He is the Rock on which we can stand. 

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my saviour, my God is my rock in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. Psalm 18:2 NLT

He is my safe place. He is the One who understands me completely. He is the One who knows all my fears and weaknesses. And yet He still loves me. He is breathing room for my soul ....

God, the one and only -
I'll wait as long as he says.
Everything I hope for comes from him,
So why not?
He's solid rock under my feet,
breathing room for my soul,
An impregnable castle:
I'm set for life.
Psalm 62:5-6 The Message

Yes. Yes. Yes. With God as my rock, I am set for life. He is with me. He is with you. Every day. Every hour. Every minute. 

Questions for today, what is it that gets you through on those days when you don't want to be strong, alert and courageous? What is it that helps you to lift your head and keep going?

My help and my glory are in God
- granite-strength and safe-harbour God -
So trust him absolutely, people;
lay your lives on the line for him.
God is a safe place to be.
Psalm 62:7-8 The Message


No comments: