Tuesday, August 1, 2017

He puts a smile on my face

Come to me, all who labour and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls]. Matthew 11:28

Come to me. Obeying that command is a choice to move towards God, even when all you want to do is run away and hide. It is a choice to say, 'Okay, I can trust God. He will show me to rest.' The Message Bible says it this way,

Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Matthew 11:28 The Message

The next verse paints a beautiful picture of the rest we find when we live God's way, not our own way; When we do what He wants us to do, nothing more and nothing less...
relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet for our soul.

Yes, please Jesus, I want to live like that every day of my life.

Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. Matthew 11:29 AMP

Jesus, show us how to walk more closely with You, to hear Your voice more clearly, choosing to learn Your ways. Thank you that in doing that You bring rest into our lives. You guide us to live in freedom, not burdened and weighed down with life.

I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly. Matthew 11:30 The Message

What a God we have, so interested in every detail of our lives, so willing to walk with us and teach us. He doesn't abandon us. He wants us to keep company with Him. 

Question for today, what action will you take do today to purposefully keep company with Jesus? 

Why are down in the dumps, dear soul?
Why are you crying the blues?
Fix my eyes on God - soon I'll be praising again.
He puts a smile on my face.
He's my God.
Psalm 42:11 The Message


No comments: