Thursday, June 27, 2013

He refreshes and restores

Whilst having a wee break away from everything earlier this week a friend encouraged me to spend some time reading and meditating on the 23rd Psalm. Verse 2 and the beginning of verse 3 describe exactly what God did for me during that time away .....

"He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters. He refreshes and restores my life (my self);" (AMP)

The Message version of verse 3 describes exactly how I felt as I drove away from the Hotel on Wednesday morning ...

"True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction." (The Message)

Whilst I was away, there was the temptation to "veg out" on movies. I am glad I did not succumb to that temptation, but rather spent time reading God's word and worshiping. I wasn't looking for specific answers to anything. I just wanted to taste His presence.  

I was so blessed in that I was able to catch my breath, and receive assurance that I am going in the right direction. I love it how our Heavenly Father so loves us and wants to see us totally refreshed and restored.

The question for today for you (and me), what will you do this week to allow God room to refresh and restore you?




No comments: