Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Don't shrink back

Oh, that I might have my request, and that God would grant me the thing that I long for!
I even wish that it would please God to crush me, that He would let loose His hand and cut me off!
Then would I still have consolation - yes, I would leap [for joy] amid unsparing pain [though I shrink from it] - that I have not concealed or denied the words of the Holy One!
What strength have I left, that I should wait and hope? And what is ahead of me, that I should be patient?
Is my strength and endurance that of stones? Or is my flesh made of bronze?
Is it not that I have no help in myself, and that wisdom is quite driven from me?
Job 6:8-13 AMP

Have you ever felt like Job, completely without the strength to continue to wait and hope? Completely unable to help yourself and lacking wisdom for your circumstance? What do you do? Do you shrink back, running from the pain of the circumstance, or do you chose to persevere, live in faith, and  live out of the salvation that has been freely given by Jesus?

You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For, 
"In just a little while, he who is coming will come and will not delay." And, "But my righteous one will live by faith. And I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back."
But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved. 
Hebrews 10:36-39 AMP

Who do you belong to - those who shrink back and are destroyed or to those who have faith and are saved? A friend gave me this scripture a few months ago, and it has stayed front of mind ever since. What a hope we have in Jesus. Let's not disgard it on the tough days, but rather let's embrace it. Let's immerse ourselves in His Word. Let's be full of praise and worship. Let's go there and let ourselves feel and express the unsparing pain inside, and be expectant of the good work God will do in us and through us. As I said in my previous post, let's get ready to sing a new song!

Question for today, is there something in your life which is causing you to shrink back from your real feelings? To shrink back from the hope that Jesus offers? If so I encourage you (and me) today to stand up, take a deep breath and declare:

I do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.  Hebrews 10:36-39 AMP

And continue to declare it all day, all week, all month, all year if you have to. Ask God to help you to embrace the hope that is in Jesus. Be expectant that He will help you to stand firm, and not shrink back.

And now, little children, abide (live, remain permanently) in Him, so that when He is made visible, we may have and enjoy perfect confidence (boldness, assurance) and not be ashamed and shrink from Him at His coming. 1 John 2:28 AMP



No comments: