Friday, August 28, 2015

I will not merely walk, but run


My earthly life cleaves to the dust; revive and stimulate me according to Your word!
I have declared my ways and opened my griefs to You, and You listened to me; teach me Your statutes.
Make me understand the way of Your precepts; so shall I meditate on and talk of Your wondrous works.
My life dissolves and weeps itself away for heaviness; raise me up and strengthen me according to [the promises of] Your word.
Remove from me the way of falsehood and unfaithfulness [to You], and graciously impart Your law to me.
I have chosen the way of truth and faithfulness; Your ordinances have I set before me.
I cleave to Your testimonies; O Lord, put me not to shame!
I will [not merely walk, but] run the way of Your commandments, when You give me a heart that is willing.
Psalms 119:25-32 AMP

Some scripture to meditate on and encourage us today. Let's receive that willing heart and run God's way - both in direction and attitude.

THEREFORE THEN, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses [who have borne testimony to the Truth], let us strip off and throw aside every encumbrance (unnecessary weight) and that sin which so readily (deftly and cleverly) clings to and entangles us, and let us run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence the appointed course of the race that is set before us,
Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:1-2 AMP

No comments: