Thursday, September 10, 2015

A place of refuge

In the reverent and worshipful fear of the Lord there is strong confidence, and His children shall always have a place of refuge. Proverbs 14:26 AMP

Who are we? We are His children. 

For He foreordained us (destined us, planned in love for us) to be adopted (revealed) as His own children through Jesus Christ, in accordance with the purpose of His will [because it pleased Him and was His kind intent] - [So that we might be] to the praise and the commendation of His glorious grace (favour and mercy), which He so freely bestowed on us in the Beloved. Ephesians 1:5-6 AMP

And what do His children always have? A place of refuge.

On the tough days, as God reminded me yesterday, He is always there. We can always run to Him and He will cover us.

[Then] He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler. Psalm 91:4 AMP

It is interesting what we find when we take refuge in His wings. For me, each time I run to God for refuge, it is as though by letting myself be more vulnerable and needy of Him, I get a greater revelation of His love for me, the Father's love. And when I emerge from His shelter, I emerge with a greater revelation of His truth and faithfulness, and an increased hope for the future. 

Accordingly God also, in His desire to show more convincingly and beyond doubt to those who were to inherit the promise the unchangeableness of His purpose and plan, intervened (mediated) with an oath. This was so that, by two unchangable things [His promise and His oath] in which it is impossible for God ever to prove false or deceive us, we who have fled [to Him] for refuge might have mighty indwelling strength and strong encouragement to grasp and hold fast the hope appointed for us and set before [us]. Hebrews 6:17-18 AMP

Thank you Jesus for all that you have done for us. Thank you God that you have provided us with a way to come directly to you at all times, and especially when we are in need of refuge. Thank you for what You do in our hearts when we let ourselves be vulnerable to You. Thank you for the hope that is appointed for us and set before us. Amen.

Questions for today, where do you go for refuge? what happens when you are there? do you emerged changed from the experience? 

For You are my hope; O Lord God, You are my trust from my youth and the source of my confidence. Upon You have I leaned and relied from birth; You are He Who took me from my mother's womb and You have been my benefactor from that day. My praise is continually of You. My mouth shall be filled with Your praise and with Your honour all the day. 
Psalm 71:5-6 AMP

No comments: