Saturday, September 19, 2015

Imprinted on His heart

To Him Who [earnestly] remembered us in our low estate and imprinted us [on His heart], for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever; Psalm 136:23 AMP

Yes, there is a God, the creator of heaven and earth, who remember us, and has imprinted us - you and me - on His heart. Sometimes it may feel as though He has forgotten us, and that we have been left to deal with our circumstances by ourselves. But that is not so. 

[And the Lord answered] Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yes, they may forget, yet I will not forget you.
Behold, I have indelibly imprinted (tattooed a picture of) you on the palm of each of My hands; [O Zion] your walls are continually before Me. Isaiah 49:15-16 AMP

The truth is that the Lord does not forget us. I know that in the midst of trouble and trials it can be so easy for own feelings of self-pity and insecurity to become consuming and take the place of His truth. The trust we have in God is challenged by our feelings and our circumstances. We need to hear His voice and listen to what He is telling us, just as Moses and Joshua did.

And Moses called to Joshua and said to him in the sight of all Israel, Be strong, courageous, and firm, for you shall go with this people into the land which the Lord has sworn to their fathers to give them, and you shall cause them to possess it.
It is the Lord Who goes before you; He will [march] with you; He will not fail you or let you go or forsake you; [let there be no cowardice or flinching, but] fear not, neither become broken [in spirit—depressed, dismayed, and unnerved with alarm]. Deuteronomy 31:7-8 AMP

Moses and Joshua weren't perfect, but they knew God's heart was for them. They knew they were imprinted on His heart. They knew that God would go before them. They trusted God.  From my experience it is only by spending time in His presence, through worship, His word and silence, that we can return to that place of complete trust in Him. 

And they who know Your name [who have experience and acquaintance with Your mercy] will lean on and confidently put their trust in You, for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek (inquire of and for) You [on the authority of God’s Word and the right of their necessity]. Psalm 9:10 AMP

Someone once said to me regarding our journey with Victoria, "it must be very lonely for you." After hearing this I went around for a few days saying to myself, "Yes, it is very lonely for me, nobody really understands what this is like." I started to feel even more sorry for myself about our circumstances. Then I heard a small still voice, saying to me , "You are not alone, I am always with you, and I know your pain." 

And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire [a sound of gentle stillness and] a still, small voice. 1 Kings 19:12 AMP

What comfort that voice bought to me. It was a gentle, very timely reminder that I was not forgotten. I am imprinted on His heart. 

Question for today, are you struggling with a circumstance that is causing you to have feelings of doubt, loneliness and self-pity? If so, why not take time to meditate on these scriptures, speak to your soul, reminding it of the truth that you are not forgotten, you are imprinted on the heart of the creator of the universe. Take time to worship and then be silent, ready to hear his gentle, still, small voice. Be expectant that you will hear from Him and be reminded that you are not forgotten and you are not alone. 

Behold, the virgin shall become pregnant and give birth to a Son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel—which, when translated, means, God with us. Matthew 1:23 AMP



No comments: