Monday, September 21, 2015

You will revive me

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me.
The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever—forsake not the works of Your own hands. Psalms 138:7-8 AMP

Question for today, what do you to be revived? 

The scriptures have a few ideas on how we can revive our souls.

WAIT and listen, everyone who is thirsty! Come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Yes, come, buy [priceless, spiritual] wine and milk without money and without price [simply for the self-surrender that accepts the blessing].
Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your earnings for what does not satisfy? Hearken diligently to Me, and eat what is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness [the profuseness of spiritual joy].
Incline your ear [submit and consent to the divine will] and come to Me; hear, and your soul will revive; and I will make an everlasting covenant or league with you, even the sure mercy (kindness, goodwill, and compassion) promised to David.
Isaiah 55:1-3 AMP

There is definitely a lot to meditate on in that passage of scripture. And so much we can learn by reading and re-reading His truth, letting it soak into us, letting it revive us.

Your testimonies also are my delight and my counselors.
My earthly life cleaves to the dust; revive and stimulate me according to Your word!
I have declared my ways and opened my griefs to You, and You listened to me; teach me Your statutes
Psalms 119:24-26 AMP

Heavenly Father, please help us to better understand that it is You alone who can revive our soul. Please help us to incline our ear to you more often in our day, and hear you. Thank you for your everlasting covenant and your sure mercy in our lives. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments: