Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Truth

Pilate said to Him, Then You are a King? Jesus answered, You say it! [You speak correctly!] For I am a King. [Certainly I am a King!] This is why I was born, and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the Truth. Everyone who is of the Truth [who is a friend of the Truth, who belongs to the Truth] hears and listens to My voice. John 18:37 AMP

Why bother reading the Bible every day? Because it is all about the Truth. Reading the Bible allows us to hear the Truth. And what comes when we hear the Truth?

So faith comes by hearing [what is told], and what is heard comes from preaching [of the message that came from the lips] of Christ (the Messiah Himself). Romans 10:17 AMP

Faith. The faith we need to live and live life to the full. Every time we open our Bible and read it, it is an opportunity to hear from Jesus and listen to His voice. We then have the choice to make - what will we do with what we have heard?

I call heaven and earth to witness this day against you that I have set before you life and death. the blessings and the curses; therefore choose life, that you and your descendants may live. Deuteronomy 30:19 AMP

Let's always choose life.

Almost every time after I have read a passage in the Bible that speaks to me, I think 'what would have happened if I hadn't taken the time to read the Bible today? I would have missed out on that revelation, that direction, that piece of wisdom. I would have missed out on hearing more of the Truth that I so desperately need'.

Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another - showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us. 2 Timothy 3:17 The Message

Questions for today, what happens for you when you read the Bible, the Truth? Are you expectant that you will hear and faith will come? Today let's choose to read more than 'normal', and expect to hear more than 'normal', so we can be in better shape for the tasks God has for us.

Instead you thrill to GOD's Word, you chew on Scripture day and night. You're a tree replanted in Eden, bearing fresh fruit every month, never dropping a leaf, always in blossom. Psalm 1:2-3 The Message

No comments: