Thursday, May 26, 2016

Being vulnerable with God's truth

Today, a couple of scriptures that I am sure you have read many times before. Scriptures that encourage us to:

1. Know that when we are weak, that is the perfect place to be, because we then lean further on Jesus, and find that In Him we can be strong.

2. Remember we have the Holy Spirit who helps us and intercedes for us.

3. Know that God always has a plan, and He works all things together for good.

As you read these scriptures, try not to say to yourself, 'Oh yes, I know these scriptures', but rather ask the God to reveal something new to you as you read them, and be expectant. For me, I have read them and clung onto them many times, but as I read them this morning I found myself in tears. So let's get vulnerable with our loving Heavenly Father .....


But He said to me, My grace (My favour and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength]. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 AMP

And then he told me, My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. 
Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focussing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size - abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 The Message

So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance. And He Who searches the hearts of men knows what is in the mind of the [Holy] Spirit [what His intent is], because the Spirit intercedes and pleads [before God] in behalf of the saints according to and in harmony with God’s will. We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labour] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose. Romans 8:26-28 AMP

Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit in right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail of our lives of love for God is worked into something good. Romans 8:26-28 The Message

And a beautiful worship song to finish - The Wondrous Cross by Chrisy Nockels.


No comments: