Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Are you shrinking back?

But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved. Hebrews 10:39 NIV

Starting with a question today - what is it in your life that you 'shrink back' from? There might be more than one thing. 

Over the past few days God has bought to my attention some things that I have been 'shrinking back' from. Things I have been avoiding, due to fear. And what is happening as a result of me 'shrinking back' - a part of my life is being 'destroyed' because I am too fearful of stepping out. When thoughts of those parts of my life come, I feel defeated and a failure. And then God reminds me of this scripture in Hebrews that a friend sent to me a while back ...

But our way is not that of those who draw back to eternal misery (perdition) and are utterly destroyed, but we are those who believe[who cleave to and trust in and rely on God through Jesus Christ, the Messiah] and by faith preserve the soul. Hebrews 10:39 AMP

Another version says,

But we're not quitters who lose out. Oh, no! We'll stay with it and survive, trusting all the way.
Hebrews 10:39 The Message

Amen! We're not quitters. We will not shrink back. We will not be destroyed. We have faith. We are saved. And what's more ...

I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency]. Philippians 4:13 AMP

Another versions says,

Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. Philippians 4:13 The Message

There really isn't any more to say, other than Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! And believe it and receive it.









No comments: