Tuesday, March 8, 2016

God's Yes

Stand in awe of God's Yes.
Oh, how he blesses the one who fears GOD!
Psalm 128:4 The Message

Last week, when the heat was on, every ounce of our being - mind,body and spirit, was focused on standing firm. Standing firm on the Rock.

The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my High Tower. Psalm 18:2 AMP

It was a week where we had to completely align our thoughts with God's promises. 

Whatever God has promised gets stamped with the Yes of Jesus. In him, this is what we preach and pray, the great Amen, God's Yes and our Yes together, gloriously evident. God affirms us, making us a sure thing in Christ, putting his Yes within us. By his Spirit he has stamped us with his eternal pledge - a sure beginning of what he is destined to complete. 2 Corinthians 1:20 The Message

It was a week where we needed others to pray on our behalf - and thank to everyone who did pray for us.

But this week, this week we are still standing - but standing in awe of God's Yes. Standing in awe of what He alone can do. Standing in awe of what one meant for evil, God turned to good. 

We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labour] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose. Romans 8:28 AMP

We don't know all the details of the 'plan', but every time we experience a week like last week, we know more of God's Yes. We are put in a position where we have to make a choice to trust Him more, and not be stale or stagnant in our relationship with God.

Write to Laodicea, to the Angel of the church. God's Yes, the Faithful and Accurate Witness, the First of God's creation, says:
"I know you inside and out, and find little to my liking. You're not cold, you're not hot - far better to be either cold or hot! You're stale. You're stagnant. You make me want to vomit. You brag, 'I'm rich, I've got it made, I need nothing from anyone,' oblivious that in fact you're a pitiful, blind beggar, threadbare and homeless. 
"Here's what I want you to do: Buy your gold from me, gold that's been through the refiner's fire. Then you'll be rich. Buy your clothes from me, clothes designed in Heaven. You've gone around half-naked long enough. And buy medicine for your eyes from me so you can see, really see.
Revelation 3:14-18 The Message

Question for today, are there some areas in your life that are stale or stagnant when it comes to God and his sovereignty? Today, let's humble ourselves and invite Him into those areas of our lives and wait in anticipation of what He will do. Get ready to stand firm on The Rock, and stand in awe at God's Yes.



No comments: