Saturday, March 5, 2016

Standing fast

And when the congregation of the synagogue dispersed, many of the Jews and the devout converts to Judaism followed Paul and Barnabas, who talked to them and urged them to continue [to trust themselves to and to stand fast] in the grace (unmerited favour and blessing) of God. Acts 13:43 AMP

There has been a lot of standing fast in our family this week. Circumstances have been no where near what Job experienced, but certainly this has been our declaration,

My uprightness and my right standing with God I hold fast and will not let them go;  Job 27:6 AMP

It has been a case of taking every thought captive, or as The Message Bible puts it,

'fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of a life shaped by Christ' 2 Corinthians 10:5 The Message

It has been a case of continually asking God to put a guard over mouths.

Set a guard over my mouth, LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips. Psalm 141:3 NIV

And then to remain in unity, 

How good and pleasant it is when God's people live together unity! It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron's beard, down on the collar of his robe. It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the LORD bestows his blessing, even life forevermore. Psalm 133 NIV

And why can / do we do our best to stand fast? Because we know there is One who always stands fast. It is not a challenge for Him, because it is Who He is - faithful.

Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven [stands firm as the heavens]. Your faithfulness is from generation to generation; You have established the earth, and it stands fast. Psalm 119:89-90 AMP

He is the Rock on which we stand. He will deliver us.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the Rock and firm Strength of my heart and my Portion forever.... But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God and made Him my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works. Psalm 73:26, 28 AMP

Question for today, are you facing a situation where you need to stand, stand and keep standing? If so, let's remind ourselves that He is faithful and continually declare God's truth into the situation today. Let's grow our trust in Him.




No comments: