Saturday, March 12, 2016

Let Him lead

The watchman opens the door for this man, and the sheep listen to his voice and heed it; and he calls his own sheep by name and brings (leads) them out.  John 10:3 AMP

This man, who the door is opened for - the Good Shepherd, Jesus, our Saviour.

I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd risks and lays down His [own] life for the sheep. John 10:11 AMP

We are the sheep - listening.

Then with the righteous (those who are upright and in right standing with God) shine forth like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Let him who has ears [to hear] be listening, and let him consider and perceive and understand by hearing. Matthew 13:43 AMP

We are the sheep - obeying. 

But he who looks carefully into the faultless law, the [law] of liberty, and is faithful to it and perseveres in looking into it, being not a heedless listener, who forgets but an active doer [who obeys], he shall be blessed in his doing (his life of obedience). James 1:25 AMP

He calls us out by name. Jesus knows our name. Your name. My name.

I am the Good Shepherd, and I know and recognize My own, and My own know and recognise Me - John 10:14 AMP

He leads us. 

He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him - not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake. Psalm 23:3 AMP

It is in our best interests to follow, not only for ourselves, but for everyone He has planned to bring alongside and around us.

Question for today, are you a sheep that listen and obeys, in every area of your life? If, like me, when you take time to really look at your life, you realise the answer is No, then why not take some time today to repent and submit all areas of your life to Him. 

Unto You, O Lord, do I bring my life. Psalm 25:1

And let Him lead.

No comments: