Thursday, June 22, 2017

If God is for us.....

What then shall we say to [all] this? If God is for us, who [can be] against us? [Who can be our foe, if God is on our side]? Romans 8:31 AMP

Over the past couple of days this scripture has been in my thoughts, particularly the truth, God is for us. Yesterday I listened to Kari Jobe's song, You are for me, no less than ten times. Some of my favourite lyrics from that song,

I know that you are for me
I know that you will never forsake me in my weakness
And I know that you have come now even if to write upon my heart
To remind me who you are
How good is it to know that we have a God who is for us?

How easy is it to be distracted from that truth with all of life's trials and tribulations?

It is always good to take some time to be still and remind ourselves that God is good and He really is on our side. 

The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? Psalm 118:6

The Creator of the universe, the Alpha and the Omega, is on our side. He is for us. He is good. His love never quits.

Thank God because he's good, 
because his love never quits.
Tell the world, Israel,
"His love never quits."
And you, clan of Aaron, tell the world,
"His love never quits."
And you who fear God, join in,
"His love never quits."
Psalm 118:1-4 The Message

Here are a few worship songs that always help me to realign my thoughts with the truth that God is for me;

You are for me - Kari Jobe
Be still - Kari Jobe
No longer slaves - Bethel
Good Good Father - Chris Tomlin

Question for today, are you starting this day, with the truth in your heart, that God is for you, so who can be against you?

Pushed to the wall, I called to God;
from the wide open spaces, he answered,
God's now at my side and I'm not afraid;
who would dare lay a hand on me?
Psalm 118:5-6 The Message





No comments: