Thursday, June 1, 2017

He carries us

Blessed be the Lord - day after day he carries us along. He's our Saviour, our God, oh yes! Psalm 68:19 The Message


Yesterday I sent this scripture to a friend and then posted it on Instagram. I love the picture of God carrying us, and us resting in His arms. Although at the time of reading this scripture early yesterday morning I wasn't feeling like I needed to be carried. No, I was feeling strong and full of faith.

A few hours later, what a different picture. I was not feeling strong. I was feeling weak, desperately seeking Jesus for help. Sitting in the sun, on the 'take a seat and have a rest' at the local Bunnings, literally crying out to God, 'What can we do to help her?' He reminded of the scripture I had read in the morning - He is carrying me. He is carrying her. I needed to rest in that truth.

Blessed be the Lord, Who bears our burdens and carries us day by day, even the God Who is our salvation! Selah [pause, and calmly think of that!] Psalm 68:19 AMP

And that is what I did, pause and calmly think of that, for about 30 minutes, as I waited to meet with someone. Once the tears stopped it was a time of being quiet, being still and waiting for peace to arrive. And it did, but not before I realised once again how broken I am. A broken vessel that needs God in her every moment. A broken vessel that is constantly being remoulded by a loving Heavenly Father.

Yet, O Lord, You are our Father; we are the clay, and You our Potter, and we are all the work of Your hand. Isaiah 64:9 AMP

The end of the day had a little surprise for me too. As I was driving home from a meeting, a worship song start playing...

Here I am
Down on my knees again
Surrendering all
Surrendering all

And find me here
As you draw me near
Desperate for You
Desperate for You

I surrender

I surrender by Hillsong

Yes, that is exactly where I was in my heart. Surrendering all. Again. Surrendering at a deeper level of all. A fresh revelation of surrendering all. 

Today, I have no idea what revelations God has in-store for me. But if it anything like yesterday, as emotionally painful as it was, I am ready and waiting. 

My prayer is that you too, will have that deep desire to go to a new level of intimacy with your Lord and Saviour today.

Heavenly Father, please help us to sense Your presence and hear Your voice more and more. In the beautiful name of Jesus, Amen.

Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you. Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13-14 AMP



No comments: