Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The lamp and the guide

The spirit of the man [that factor in human personality which proceeds immediately from God] is the lamp of the Lord, searching all his innermost parts. Proverbs 20:27 AMP

We have the God factor residing in us. A factor that is helping to transform us into all that He has called us to be. A factor that gently shines a light on what needs changing in our lives. The Message bible says it this way,

God is in charge of human life, watching and examining us inside and out. Proverbs 20:27 The Message

God has always known us. He created us.

My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colours] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery]. Psalm 139:15 AMP

God wants to see us become and do all that He planned for us to do, to live our lives to the full, His way. To do this, we have to stay close to Jesus, asking Him to help us live His way.

Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24 AMP

When His lamp shines on our innermost parts on something that needs to change, let's not shrink back. But rather, let's garner strength and courage from Him, be vulnerable, open our hearts wider, and let Him do the work in us.

A prayer for today,

Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me; Cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I'm about; see for yourself whether I've done anything wrong - then guide me on the road to eternal life. Psalm 139:23-24 The Message





No comments: